Monday, May 30, 2011

Faces into their Hearts

...this is so true.   I have changed.  I am not who I used to be. You will change too.  Life has a way of doing that.   I began this blog to express my thoughts..good or bad..happy or sad.   I think a lot...about everything. My children and their lives.  They grew up so much different then I expected them to be. We were ok parents; not the best.  We did what we thought we could at the time.  I always wish we could have done so much more.   At  times, even now - I still hear what we did wrong.  It hurts.
   It hurts when you do not hear from your children in a very long time.
   I don't know if other parents have thought this - but there have been many times I have thought the hurt is too much to bare thinking quietly, I wish I had never had children.   Grandma always said; you're a parent till the day you die.  So true.
  I know having children make you smile when they are little; and you are proud of things they do and accomplish; but what most people don't  talk about are the disappointing times...the embarrassing times....the turning your face so they don't see you crying times..the disrespecting times...the turning away from God times.
   The times you want to say so many things and can't because...you'd be interfering, butting in or they just plain do not want to hear you.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean, Bets. I know you have been feeling this for a very long time. I have so often wished in the last 15 years or so, that we had had more time to visit with one another. I am so glad you and Sharon have been able to reconnect in person more often, I think that's so neat! I'd love to do that more with you two when finances and time allows. Darn money and work! LOL Anyways, for now, many heartfelt and sincerely felt HUGS from me to you. I love you so much. XXXXX OOOOO

    ReplyDelete