Sunday, February 27, 2011

Our Special Child

   Taylor has had some difficult months dealing with back pain.  She is special. She is our "special child".

The Special Child 

The Child, yet unborn, spoke with the Father, 
"Lord, how will I survive in the world? 
I will not be like other children, My 
walk may be slower, my speech hard 
to understand, I may look different. 
What is to become of me?" 

The Lord replied to the child, 
"My precious one, have no fear, I will 
give you exceptional parents, They 
will love you because you are special, 
not in spite of it. Though your path 
through life will be difficult, your 
reward will be greater, You have been 
blessed with a special ability to love, 
and those whose lives you touch will 
be blessed because you are special." 

Author/Source Unknown 


You have Taught Me
By Anne Maclellan 

March 1998 

You have taught me patience 
to rejoice in small gains which others take for granted. 
You have taught me tolerance 
to accept that your perspective is different 
and deserves respect. 
You have taught me courage 
to fight for you when no one else will. 
You have taught me endurance 
to go on when I feel I can't any more. 
You have taught me humility 
to accept when I can't make things better 
but can only be here for you. 
You have taught me to love 
at a deeper level than I ever thought possible. 

1 comment: