Sunday, February 27, 2011

SLOWLY

I wrote this on an earlier blog  but want to incorporate it all on one blog.


SLOWLY.....

I feel the drawing in.....
My body and mind being pulled slowly in....
Helpless as time relentlessly robs me.....

What will the next 10 years bring......
Will I make it to retirement.......
Who goes first.....

Never thought I'd be at this place in time....
Never thought there would be limits.....
Never thought about loneliness.....until now

There are lists to help the memory...
There are pills to help the pain....
There are pains, just to remind you.....

I'm tired of being the problem solver...
I'm tired of worrying about the bills.....
I'm tired of always being busy.......

I feel the drawing in.....

by Betty Thorsvig
July 2005

1 comment:

  1. I know the feelings.... retirement for this guy doesn't exist in the traditional form.

    http://myprairiehome.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete